Very, very sorry for the absolutely horrendous blogging from my side! All I can say is that I have had 2-3 very hectic months, the trainee programme has not given us a “soft” start at all. I have lectures from 10am to 5pm every weekday and assignments to do in between. Not to mention that it takes me an hour to get in to uni every day. We started a couple of placements as well and last week we observed an infant that was 2.5weeks old! Will observe him an hour a month until he turns 1. Am very happy about this as it will be amazing to see the development of a little human being! This week we had a placement at a nursery, another interesting set of observations… I can only say that I am happy not to be working at a nursery, hehe. They were very cute, but definitely not my cup of tea.
Other than that I have managed to settle in in Plymouth quite well, I have sorted out my room to an acceptable standard and am almost completely finished with it. Pictures will come up when I’m all done :) I also joined in in my first ‘parkrun’! It was great to come out early on a Saturday morning and run 5K with about 100 people! Was looking forward to running it again this week, but have a very, very sore throat today and will have to see how I feel on Saturday. Hoping it will go away as soon as possible as I hate feeling ill…
Thought that I can finish off with goals for this month, and evaluate the goals that I set last time (which was in June!! Shame on me).
My June goals were:
- Save money! Our up and coming move out of London requires it… We managed to save quite a lot in June, but then obviously spent it on moving and on our holiday.
- Exercise outside and enjoy the weather at the same time! I managed to exercise a great deal and got to use Rob’s mum’s treadmill which was quite nice. Walked a lot as well and exercised outside with the kids at work. June was a great month for exercise.
- Blog more often and come up with fun and interesting things to write about my exercise. Maybe it will make my own exercise more interesting? As I have been very bad at blogging this did not happen… Sorry guys… But I can try again ;)
- Keep my carb intake lower than I have in the past. This worked really well until I started uni again… Need to try again!
- Save money and decrease my overdraft. Hopefully my old laptop will sell for a bit of money (it’s on eBay at the moment) and it will take the cost of the new one (I got student discount as well).
- Keep healthy and exercise! Think I will join the circuits training with a couple of my course mates :)
- Blog more about this incredible journey I am making!
- Look over my carb intake again!